Wednesday, January 02, 2008

New Year, New Kitty

Hello 2008, I am anxious to see what you have planned for us. I am not usually much on making resolutions. I do have ideas of things I want to do in the new year, but I guess that is what a resolution is. Most of mine have to do with getting certain things done on the farm, sticking to a new budget, saving more money, trying to be more friendly and stuff like that. My most interesting one that I thought I would share is that I am going to try to read more. I have not been much of a reader since graduating from college. I figure I need to start reading again so my brain does not turn to mush by the time I am 30. It's just that I enjoy movies so much more and would rather spend my time watching them. I thought my goal should be conservative and attainable so I am going to try to start by reading one book a month. If any of you have suggestions for a good book for me to read, leave a comment and let me know. You better make it a good one though, because you don't want to be the one that makes a suggestion of one that turns out not to be good to me and causes me to quit reading again and therefore turns my brain to mush. (And to all of my Christian friends and family, please don't suggest the Bible. I realize it is a good book and I should read it more but that is not the suggestion I am looking for).

We have a new addition to the farm. We got a new kitty. My parents' cat had kittens a while back so while we were there for Christmas we got one and brought it back. We have not had very good luck keeping two cats around. One of our original cats Spot has stuck around and we like her very much. We have had 3 other cats as our second cat that have either left or died. I hope this one sticks around, she is very nice and cute and is even getting along with the other animals pretty well. We named her Hello.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, Hello Kitty!
Here are my favorite authors:
Michael Palmer, Michael Crichton, Robin Cook, Ken Follett, Wilbur Smith, Faye Kellerman, Jonathon Kellerman, Greg Iles, Dean Koontz, John Grisham.
Anything they write will be a good read - guaranteed, or you get to go to lunch first (once). Enjoy!!
Debbie D

Rebecca said...

She is a perfect Hello Kitty!!! I have tons of books you would like and Lisa could certainly suggest something since she has read everything. You could start with Charlie and the Chocolate Factory!

Numchucky said...

She is adorable! It was so good to see you guys at New Year's! We thoroughly enjoyed playing Catch Phrase with you guys!

Kritter Krit said...

We loved seeing you guys for New Year's Eve. You are both so stinking FUN. We'll have to get together more often since you live so close. (And since Sophs seems to like you. She asked why you guys weren't spending the night too. Legitimate question. Hotel DePriest was rockin'!!)

Cute cat. Sophie volunteered to "babysit on him". =)

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I forgot Pat Conroy is also an awesome author.
Debbie

Kritter Krit said...

Here's my list of good authors (excluding God, of course, since you don't want to read the Bible, you Heathen!) ;)

James Patterson, Jodi Piccoult, Elizabeth Berg (she rocks!!! but is probably too girly for you), John Grisham, Anita Shreve, Tess Gerritsen (if you like medical thrillers), Dean Koontz, Jonathan Kellerman, Lottie Winston, and Nicholas Sparks.

******

Okay. I just noticed Debbie's list. She seems to like medical thrillers too.

Unknown said...

not sure if you'll get this since i am a couple posts behind, but i strongly recommend "life of pi" by yann martel, which is the best book i've read in the past two years, or "east of eden" which is maybe my favorite book of all time, or also " a short history of nearly everything" by bill bryson, its non-fiction but it is amazing, maybe a little ambitious for one month though, you might also like "a walk in the woods" by bill bryson
--erika--