Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Real World

We now return to our regularly scheduled programming. I have one more post related to the vacation but I am going to have to save it until Margo is back in town because I need her to take some pictures for it. Margo had to go out of town for work this week. She is suffering in Puerto Rico and St. Croix in the Virgin Islands, poor Margo. Anyway, I thought I would give an update on farm news. On a sad note, when we got back from vacation all our chickens were gone. I think they got eaten by something. We are going to try to get some new ones if we can find some. We are getting some baby chicks in June but I would like to get some big ones soon so we will have eggs. In more pleasant news, the garden is doing really good. I will try to post some more complete pics of it sometime soon. For now, here are some pics of a couple things I picked this week.

This was my first year to grow lettuce. It is a Mesclun Mix and has done pretty well and tastes really good.


And our strawberries are finally starting to ripen. I picked this bowl full last night. I am not a huge fan of strawberries but Margo loves them. These are the Ozark Beauty variety which do good around here and produce throughout the season. These may be the variety that Allison bought the other day and talked about on their blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How sad about your chickens!

Those strawberries look AMAZING!