Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Souvenirs

I think this is going to be the final post related to our vacation to Mexico. There were several occasions when we had opportunities to buy local souvenirs. There were two nights, during the Mayan night and during the Mexican night, at the resort that they had locals come in and set up their booths to sell their goods. It was mostly handicraft type stuff like stuffed animals, mexican dresses, animal figurines, pottery, and lots of other types of trinkets. We also had opportunities to buy stuff when we took our trips to the Tulum ruins and to Chichen Itza. We did not buy very much stuff even though I would have liked to. Whenever we take a vacation somewhere we always try to buy a magnet from that place. I just counted and we have magnets from 10 different places so far. If any of you want to see them all, you can stop by and check out our refrigerator. So anyway, we got magnets from Tulum and Chichen Itza. Margo also bought herself a little handpainted cross from one of the little merchants. We have a portion of a wall in our bedroom that is decorated with different kinds of little crosses. The main thing I wanted to tell you about that we got is what I bought for myself. And I think a picture will explain it best so here you go....



It is a Mexican wrestler mask, I just could not live without it. To be more specific it is the Nacho Libre mask. There was a guy selling lots of different ones but I could not pass this one up because I like that movie. For those of you who have not seen it, here is a preview you can check out.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is HILARIOUS.

you look muy scary.

Anonymous said...

awesome! I miss the gifts we used to bring each other from our trips.

Anonymous said...

I love that movie too! I want to see your tights el skeleton (you would have to eat more beans to be nacho)- you look like you will be stealing chips from orphans anytime now. hahahahahaha.

Debbie D