Thursday, May 15, 2008

We're Back


We got home from our amazing vacation late last night. I have tone of stuff to post about but I will not do it all in this posting. I want to post about it all not just to share with all of you (if any of you care) but also to have a record of the trip and this is a great place to do that.
This was the nicest vacation we have ever been on together, even better than our honeymoon trip (we did not have money to take a nice trip back then). For this post I will just kind of hit the overview, which may be a little crazy and stream of consciousness. The resort we stayed at was amazing and very luxurious. The place was spotless and there were always people working to keep it clean and nice. They cleaned our room everyday and had turndown service at night. They would wait on you hand and foot. It was however very hot while we were there, like mid 90's everyday with 1000% humidity. The beach was beautiful. We would lounge on the beach and staff would come buy every so often to see if you wanted anything to drink. They would also bring around fruit to everyone if you wanted it. The restaurants were really good, the presentation of the food was really good as well, and you could order as much and whatever you wanted. This included any alcohol you wanted. Margo's new favorite drink is a Miami Vice. I was happy that I could get beer anytime I wanted it. Even the fridge in the room had drinks (also included) and beer. I loved it, beer anytime. They had tons of activities throughout the day and at night. They had big events at night like Mayan night, Mexican night, bands, mechanical bull riding, and all kinds of stuff. We went on two different excursions. On Sunday we went to the Tulum Mayan Ruins which overlook the ocean. On Monday we went to Chichen Itza with a professional tour, it was awesome and very informative and interesting. I will devote a post to it later. So, there is a very jumbled overview, I will multiple postings over the next few days to go into more depth of what we did. It was very, very awesome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful! Glad you guys had a great time! I want to hear all about it!