Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Birds 2

I think that if they make a sequel to the movie The Birds, they should do it only with hummingbirds. If any of you have been around hummingbirds buzzing around your head, it is kind of freaky. Last year we put up a couple of hummingbird feeders but we only had like one hummingbird all year. This year we bought a couple more feeders to put up, hoping to attract more. Well, attract we have, they seem to be multiplying week by week. We are having to fill our 4 feeders, which are pretty big feeders, at least twice a week. I am not sure how many we have total but I have counted 10-15 at a time at the feeders. It is quite an experience, it sounds like a swarm of bees. I tried to get some pictures but it was tough to get a good picture with a bunch of them in the picture and with the lighting right, it would be easier if I had a fancy camera like John's. Here is one picture with 4 hummingbirds in it, see if you can see them.

No comments: