Sunday, June 29, 2008

Great Moments

Every once in a while I have a perfect moment. I am not sure what makes it be perfect but it is one of those times where things are just awesome and you want to soak in the moment. Sometimes I think these moments kick in when something happens that reminds you of a good time in your past and some of them are just purely new good moments. I hope I don't sound to crazy and maybe some of you know what I am talking about. Anyway, I had one of these moments the other day and to some of you it may sound crazy as to when it happened. We were out picking green beans in the garden one evening, there was a nice breeze, and a Cicada was making it's call. It just seemed like a perfect summertime moment, it was awesome.

We also had a great time on Friday night. A couple of our good friends (Adam and Sarah) came over for dinner and games. A cool front came through in the afternoon so it was perfect weather outside so we grilled and set up a table on the deck and ate outside. It was really a great time eating outside. After dinner, we went for a walk and then shot fireworks and played games. It was a great night.



We had steak for dinner, from our cow (Buster) that we had butchered. I am not sure if we ever gave an update on how much meat we got from him. We got 310 lbs of beef from him. We split it with Margo's parents so we each got 155 lbs. The meat is really good and lean.

And lastly, I wanted to let you all know that so far we have canned 46 jars of green beans, we had to buy a bunch more jars to can them. We have so many green beans. I still have half of a 5 gallon bucket full that we picked today that I don't have any more jars to can them with. If any of you want green beans, come out and you can have whatever you pick.

P.S. I added some new photos to our favorite's slide show on the side bar.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice table...

Kritter Krit said...

Friends, good food...cooperative weather.

Simple moments spent with people you have fun with. Usually those are the best "great moments". =)

Kritter Krit said...

P.S I'm not sure I'm diggin' the table (necessarily), but your house and deck look AWESOME. Hope to see you guys soon!