Thursday, June 12, 2008

A New Delicacy

Tonight we tried a new recipe that I thought I would share. I saw the recipe a while back and have really been wanting to try it. It is for fried squash blossoms. We have tons of blossoms right now and we should have squash in a few days.

Here is what you do:
First, get some squash blossoms that aren't opened yet, wash them on the outside and open them at the top and wash out the inside, remove the pistils (the easiest way for me to do this without ripping the flower apart was to stick my kitchen scissors down in there and cut it out).



Next, stuff the flower. I used goat cheese with some basil, oregano, and garlic mixed with it. You could probably use what ever good cheese you like(probably not something like american or cheddar). After stuffing, twist the flower top back together to close it.

Heat some oil in a skillet. Dip the flower in some egg, then dip into some flour. Place squash in hot oil and fry until golden brown, turning them as necessary.



They were really good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

those look awesome.

Anonymous said...

yummmmm