Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Goodbye to Another Great One

As I am sure all of you have heard, Paul Newman died last Friday. It is very sad. He was a great actor and did some really great stuff. Besides making good movies he also donated all the money he made from his line of food products (Newman's Own) to charity (over $220 million), and he served in WWII. I have not seen all his movies but two of my favorites are Cool Hand Luke and Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. I can watch these movies over and over.

Here is one of my favorite scenes from Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. This scene seems a little out of place for a outlaw type movie but maybe that is why I like it, it is just such a feel-good scene.


1 comment:

House of Daniel said...

How ironic! This was one of the first movies that David & I saw when we started dating in the fall of'69. The song sung by BJThomas was "our" song. We saw the movie in the old Palace(?) theater that was located North of the old historic courthouse on College. We had an old 8 track BJThomas tape that had that song on it. THis brings back many fond memories....