Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Accessories

As I talked about in my last post, because we got the ATV so cheap, I have been able to buy some useful accessories for it.

First of all, I bought a small trailer to pull behind it. I needed something to haul wood, rocks, dirt, hay, and other things in. I put an ad on craigslist under the wanted section and a guy called me about one he had. I ended up buying it from him. It is a homemade trailer but is well built and sturdy. It is about 4 feet long by 3 feet wide. It sits pretty high off the ground so it will go over stumps and rocks and stuff. The best thing was it only cost me $30 which is really cheap compared to the ones for sale at the stores.

Here it is inaction hauling wood


I also got a 3 way ball hitch. It has a ball on it to hook a normal trailer to like my bigger trailer, a hole for a pin to go through like what the new trailer uses, and a loop to hook other stuff to.


I also wanted a basket of some sort on the front to carry stuff in like tools or what have you. The ones they sell at stores are metal pipe or mesh and run anywhere from $50-$150. I decided to build my own out of wood (2x6's) because I figured it would work just as good. It turned out good and is really solid, and it only cost me $5 to build. You will also notice some Y shaped bracket type things mounted on top of the rack. They are gun and/or tool holders that I bought. You just set your gun or shovel or whatever in there and there are little straps that hold it in there. They are handy little things.

No comments: