Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgivin'

For Thanksgiving this year Margo and I went to my Aunt Freddie's house in Waldron (Arkansas). She is my dad's older sister and her and my uncle recently moved down there. My cousin (her daughter) Cindy and her husband also live down there. My other cousin Tim and his family were there from Atlanta as well. We thought it would be a good chance to see this part of the family (especially since we don't get to see Tim and his family very often). Anyway, we spent Thursday down there visiting and eating. It was a very nice time. After lunch all the cousins went for a drive out in the country, and when I say country I mean out in the middle of no where. I was born and raised in the country in Arkansas and some of the places we passed were scary to me. I think they might have filmed part of Deliverance in this area, seriously.


We drove to a recreational area called Knoppers Ford. It was a very pleasant area with a nice creek. We hung out there for a little bit and took some pictures. I thought I would share some of the pics of everyone. Sadly, I did not get a picture of my Aunt and Uncle.

From back to front, here is Tim, Elizabeth, Grace, and Vivian


Here is left to right, Justin, Larry, Cindy, and Whitney


And here is Margo and I reenacting engagement pictures

2 comments:

John Nelson said...

What manner of man are you that you can summon up fire without flint or tinder?

I... am an enchanter.

By what name are you known?

There are some who call me...Tim'...?

...greetings, Tim the Enchanter.

Kritter Krit said...

Love the engagement reenactment. You nailed it. =)

My Poppy used to like to load us kids up for a post-Thanksgiving dinner "adventure" (a.k.a. a drive into some unknown part of the woods to get lost). When we would ask him, after driving aimlessly for hours, "Poppy, are we lost?", he'd always quickly respond, "Naw, we're just a little turned around."

During our "turned around" moments, we'd happen across some Deliverance-like areas as well.

Ah, memories.