Monday, February 18, 2008

New Kids

Crazy Goat finally had her babies. She had them yesterday, which was nice because we were home and Margo was present for the birth. Earlier in the day, we saw that she had some pre-birth grossness hanging out of her female goat area so we put her in the barn where it was warm and dry. She had two girls (which means we will keep both of them) and did not have any problems having them. They are doing very well and I will probably let them out of the barn tomorrow because they are already starting to get a little rambunctious. I had hoped that they would have really cool coloring like their mother but they ended up looking more like their father. They are very cute though. Feel free to come out and see them. We will probably have more babies in the next few weeks. Here are some pics.

This one was the biggest of the two and has more brown spots.


Here is the other one.


The cow needed to check out the new additions and sniff and lick them a little.


Congratulations to Chrissi at my work. She won the second annual goat pool.

3 comments:

John Nelson said...

"some pre-birth grossness hanging out of her female goat area"

Possibly the worst mental image I've ever had.

Congrats on the new family members! I'm always amazed at how mature baby farm animals seem to be at birth. I guess they have to be that way, else the wolves and badgers would kill them all. And maybe the skunks, too.

House of Daniel said...

O.K. so is this the closest I'm getting to having "Hale" Grand kids?

Anonymous said...

You are disgusting Mr. "pre-birth grossness", but your kids are adorable. I wish I could snuggle one up.
Debbie D