Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Cleveland

Today Margo and I actually went into Cleveland. My sister lives in a suburb and everything we have done so far has not been in Cleveland. I don't think that there are really that many exciting things in Cleveland but we found a couple things to do. First we went and ate lunch at this place I found online that is supposed to be a true Cleveland type place. It is called Great Lakes Brewing Company. It is a microbrewery and restaurant. It is supposed to be one of the top 25 microbreweries in the United States. We both had burgers that were really good. I found that I really like blue cheese on a hamburger. I also had their signature beer, the Dortmunder Gold Lager. It has one the gold medal 9 times and was the world champion 4 times at the World Beer Championship. It was very good. After our meal, we went to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum.

It was pretty interesting. They had lots of paraphernalia and interesting stuff. They also had lots of cool short videos about the history of rock and roll and interviews with famous musicians. It was definitely worth going to but it was not as good as I had hoped, it could definitely be a lot better. We think the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum was better and we don't even like country music as much. The most interesting thing I learned is that John Lennon was really funny. They had some interviews of him that they showed. He was cracking me up. The museum is right on Lake Erie, so after we left the museum we walked around down by the lake a little. It is crazy that it is so big, it feels like you are at the ocean. Tomorrow, we leave my sister's house and go to our next stop on the trip.

Here is us with the big part of the city in the background


Us with Lake Erie in the background


Margo by a seagull

No comments: