Monday, June 04, 2007

Biggest Surprise Ever

We had a huge surprise this morning. We were leaving for work and Spot (the cat) was laying against the screen door and wouldn't move out of the way. When we finally made it out the door laying there with spot was a newborn kitten. We had no idea she was even pregnant. She has always been a little plump in the belly area but she didn't look or feel any different that past few weeks. Here is the crazy thing... she only had one kitten. Have any of you ever heard of a cat only having one kitten? We were so shocked. The kitten is really cute (in a ugly rat-like way), it is a calico like it's mother.





On a side note, for those of you who haven't noticed, I have added some features to my side bar. There is a current animal count, video of the day, recently watched movies and my rating of them out of 5 stars, and a picture slideshow.

3 comments:

B said...

awwwwwwww so cute!! I have heard of a cat only having one kitten, but I heard that that sometimes happens after they've had several litters, like the more they get pregnent the less they have? Just heard that, have no idea if there is any truth to it!

Allison Nelson said...

I'm really glad that it doesn't happen like that to humans. It would be a real shock to wake up one morning and just have a baby with no warning.

Rebecca said...

Only 25 more and you'll be tied with me!!! The perfect blog entry..a kitten and my favorite ok go on treadmills video - thanks for the treat after a LONG, YUCKY day of work.