Sunday, June 17, 2007

Garden Update

Just so Brandy will stop bugging me I thought I would put up some updated pictures of the garden. As discussed in an earlier post, I am trying a new kind of gardening - no-till raised beds. I wasn't planning on planting much this year because I really needed to work on improving the soil but I thought what the heck and planted some stuff. I only used about half of the beds. I was a little worried at first because it did not seem like things were growing well but it has finally started to shape up. I can't wait until next year when I have the whole garden planted and the soil in good shape. As of right now, I think I am definitely going to stick with the new type of gardening.

Cucumbers- I am growing them on a piece of wire fencing


Tomatoes-They aren't doing so well, lots of plant but not much fruit.


Squash and Zucchini-we ate our first squash tonight


Sugar Snap Peas-also ate our first peas tonight


Green Beans


Corn


The whole garden

1 comment:

B said...

thank you. I feel so much better. lol