Monday, June 11, 2007

New Addition

As discussed in the previous post, we are trading around cars and selling my truck to get a new (used) car and a farm truck. Well, yesterday we went ahead and bought a car. Our goal was to buy a small used car that gets good gas mileage to drive around and put miles on. I found a doozy yesterday in Bella Vista, this one would even make Steve Schulte proud (for those of you who know him). It is a 2000 Toyota Corolla. It was an old lady's whose husband died and she is selling some of their stuff. It was as clean as a whistle, gets 38mpg, had all the service records in the glove box, and it even had carpet squares on the floor mats so she didn't get the floor mats dirty. But here's the kicker, it only has 47,000 miles. I think we got a good deal and hopefully it will last us a long time. Now we just need to sell my truck.

3 comments:

B said...

the car is lovely, where is the garden? hint hint.

John Nelson said...

If it's good enough for a blue-hair in Bella Vista, it's good enough for a Hale! Congrats on adding something to the farm that doesn't poop.

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud - it brings a tear to my eye.
Steve Schulte