Thursday, June 21, 2007

Top 10 Movies

Last night on tv, in case any of you missed it, the American Film Institute did their top 100 movies of all time. They ask tons of critics, producers, actors, and executives and compile a list of the top 100 American movies. This was their 10th anniversary addition so the list changed a little from when they did it 10 years ago. It was very interesting. There were a bunch of movies I had not seen, so I now plan on trying to watch them sometime. Anyway, I can't say that I completely agreed with their list, but unfortunately they did not ask the all-knowing Farmer Hale. In honor of the show last night I decided to post my top 10 favorite movies, this is not what I think are the top 10 movies overall but just my top 10 favorite. Feel free to add a comment with your top 10 listed. I would be interested to know all of my friends top movies, you can learn a lot about someone from knowing their favorite movies. By the way, it is very hard to narrow down to just your top 10.


10. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

9. Forrest Gump

8. Last of the Mohicans

7. Dumb and Dumber

6. Star Wars Trilogy

5. O Brother Where Art Though

4. Braveheart

3. Good Will Hunting

2. Shawshank Redemption

1. Lord of the Rings trilogy


A few of the movies that just barely missed the list but need to be mentioned: The Graduate, Love Actually, Signs, Rocky, Babe, Billy Elliot, Big Fish, Dances with Wolves...there are so many.

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

10. O Brother Where Art Thou?
9. Forrest Gump
8. Love Actually
7. Philadelphia
6. Billy Elliot
5. Rushmore
4. Lord of The Rings Trilogy
3. The Shawshank Redemption
2. About A Boy
1. To Kill A Mockingbird

Honorable mentions to The Station Agent, Crash, Elf, Babe, Magnolia, Capote, Jerry Maguire and Planes, Trains and Automobiles...I could go on and on though - you are right,the top 10 is hard and mine is not set in stone by any means.

B said...

My Top Favorite....
1. Sweet Home Alabama
2. Pretty Woman
3. Erin Brockovich
4. Beauty and the Beast
5. Gone with the Wind
6. Patch Adams
7. Legally Blonde
8. Sister Act I
9. I am Sam
10.Dangerous Minds

That was hard! Not even sure if it's correct, but those are some of my favorites for sure!

Megan said...

Love Actually!?! Please explain. . . not that I don't love it myself, but I'm shocked that you do. Doesn't seem like your kind of movie; is this a margo pick?

B said...

re: your e mail....

I like to watch movies that make me feel good....the girly movies always end happy and make me feel good :-). I don't like weird, Sci-Fi movies and I don't like anything scary or bloody....they're enough of that in real life. BJ will watch the girly movies with me at times, but he prefers scary movies....

Anonymous said...

1. Lord of the Rings Trilogy
2. Braveheart
3. Star Wars (all of them)
4. The Color Purple
5. Forrest Gump
6. The Patriot
7. The 40 yr old virgin
8. The Elephant Man
9. The Waterboy
10. The Anchorman
11. Silkwood (old movie with Meryl Streep)
12. Mask
13. Pay it Forward
14. Lean on Me

OK - make me stop!!! I just keep thinking of more I like!

Debbie D.