Monday, September 13, 2010

Busy Weekend

This was a really busy weekend for Esther. It started on Friday. I will tell about it in pictures.....

Margo's good friend and co-worker Linda and her daughter Kaylee came out to see Esther Friday afternoon. Linda brought us lunch and a bunch of other food and gifts. It was awesome. Kaylee was super excited to see Esther and "hold" her.

Friday night our good friends Rick and Ashley came out and brought us dinner and stayed to hang out and watch a movie. It was fun to hang out with friends for a while like we did pre-Esther. And the big story of the night is Rick held Esther and I have the pictures to prove it. He has always said he would not hold a baby under 3 months because he was worried he would do something wrong. But with lots of peer pressure we got him to do it but only while he was sitting down.

Saturday was our big baby shower at our church. It was awesome. The girls did a great job getting it all set up. It was fun to get to see lots of friends and family and hang out with them. And Esther racked up the presents. Here we are at the shower. The awesome cake was made by one of our friends we go to church with.

Some really good friends of ours drove up from Mena for the shower and to meet Esther. They are really important people in our life so it meant a lot that they came up. We were able to go to dinner and hang out more after the shower which was fun. We are going to try and make a trip to Mena this weekend to see more of our friends down there.

This is a picture of Esther and I trying to recover from the busy weekend.

6 comments:

B said...

I cannot wait to see you guys & Esther on Wednesday!!!!

Laurie Johnson said...

I'm so sorry I couldn't make it Margo! I am so extremely happy for you guys!
We have friends who have been TTC for 7 years, and recently habe been told they cannot have children. What agency (or how did you hear) did you use?

Anonymous said...

Ah, great post! I got a little teary when I saw my parents. I didn't know they came up for the shower - I'm so glad they could be there to represent the fam... I WISH I could have been there!!!

Great picture of you (Josh) and Esther napping... love it. :)

Thanks for the post. Hug Esther from me...

Anonymous said...

oh... that was Annie who wrote the last comment. :)

Kritter Krit said...

Love the picture of you and Esther napping! It looks like a baby paraphernalia explosion on the table behind you guys!! :-O

Anonymous said...

Great pictures...love the one from the shower and of you and Esther sleeping. :) So you guys are coming to Mena this weekend?! Keep me posted. I was going to ship Esther's gifts today (Wed), but if you're coming here, then I'll just wait and give them in person.
Misty