Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Weekend

This past weekend we went down to Mena to see friends and family. It was a really good weekend. It was fun showing Esther off and catching up with people we don't see very often. Esther did really good on the trip considering some issues that came up with her. (turns out we think she really does have a milk allergy, the birthmom told us she did but we decided to test it ourselves and the milk formula gave her really gross poop and congestion so we switched her back to soy formula. This also involved a trip to Mena Wal-Mart at 2am.) Besides seeing friends in Mena, we took her to the church down there that we consider my "hometown" church. We also spent time with my parents and some other relatives.

Here is Esther in a new shirt we bought her. We found some band shirts at Target on sale that we could not pass up.

Here is her cute dress for church on Sunday


We stayed with some good friends in Mena and had a great time hanging out and seeing some other friends while there. Somehow I did not get any pictures of Esther with them, but I did get some good videos of them with her. Here is a good pic we got of the three of us on their deck.

We went to see my parents in Hale Town. Most people don't believe me when I tell them my parents live in Hale Town. It is several miles east of Waldron which is north of Mena. The Hale family settled in that area in like the late 1800's or something like that. All of my ancestors lived there and a lot of my dad's cousins still live around there. My parents built a house there last year on my grandparents old property (my dad was born on the front lawn). Anyway here is proof of Hale Town.

Here is another pic with my parents house in the background


Here is Esther with my Aunt Freddie

And with my cousin Cindy

There is a small country church in Hale Town that my parents go to (my dad went there growing up), and after church on Sunday night a lot of the people came over to my parents house for snacks and to see Esther.

5 comments:

Molly said...

very cute, as always. love the beatles onesie.

Anna said...

Luv the pix. Sorry I haven't been out, but I've had an upper respiratory infection, and then was in Calif this weekend for my nephews wedding. Hoping to be completely done with the resp. thing by this weekend. You all look so happy. Pink is Esther's color!!! I'll call you. Anna

Anonymous said...

Love the pics! Really glad we got to meet Esther! :) Looks like you had a great time with your parents.

Kritter Krit said...

I totally thought you were making up Hale Town!! You'd say it and I'd hahahahahaha. No way! It's REAL!

Glad you guys had fun in Mena. Mom and dad loved seeing Esther.

House of Daniel said...

Yes, that is a cute pink dress! Did ya'll get any good pictures of her dressed up for her dedication??