Thursday, September 02, 2010

Day 2 - Finding which way is up

So, the first night was a little rough. We did not sleep much. She was having a hard time adjusting to new people, new place, sleeping by herself, sleeping flat. But we had a great day yesterday spending time with her and sorting through stuff. We tried to make a plan of action of what we need and what we need to do to have a baby even though we already have the baby.
Esther did a lot better sleeping last night. She slept for about 4 hours before she woke up the first time and then went back to sleep for another few hours. It was pretty nice, we got to catch up on our sleep a little bit. Some of our awesome friends have already been blessing us. A friend from work stopped by and brought some diapers, blankets, and other needed things. Some other good friends brought us dinner last night which was really nice. And then another friend from work brought us some stuff from her sister's little girl from when she was a baby. It is some stuff we really needed...a swing, a play mat, a boppy, some clothes, and more.
Today, we are going in to town to register for baby stuff (a shower is being planned by our friends). And we have to meet with the lawyer. Later today, she will get to meet her grandparents (Margo's parents) for the first time. And tomorrow she gets to meet her other grandparents.



5 comments:

Emily said...

Wish we could be there to make you some dinner and bring you some stuff. So glad you are surrounded by lots of help! I can't see the slide show you posted. The pictures are facing the wrong way, so all I can see is the tops of heads...and I want to see Esther! Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

I agree. Wish we lived closer! I'm assuming you need just about everything else that wasn't listed above? I will do some shopping and send a package soon. :)

I have a crib & crib mattress if you need it.

Still so ecstatic with and for you!!
Misty

Anonymous said...

Love the new pictures! Thanks for posting.
I, too, wish we were closer. A LOT closer - so we could bring you all sorts of baby girl stuff. But, I have a feeling you are well taken-care-of there.

I have been thinking about you guys all day today... can't get sweet Esther off my mind. We're still so happy over here! :)
Annie

Sarah said...

She is so gorgeous. I love her little sleepy, newborn self. What a precious girl! I wish we were closer. I would be baking and cooking for you like nobody's business. The next time we'll be in Mena will be Thanksgiving. Think you could swing by so we could all meet her?
Love all of the new pictures. Keep 'em coming!

kate said...

Yea!!! You have a baby! Oh my gosh! You have a baby! I am sure you still feel like that- if you have gotten enough rest to think straight! Hang in there. It will get better- or you'll learn to function on less sleep! :) Babies are GREAT for that! So happy for you and praying for you guys! Please let us know when and where you register! Esther is precious!