Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Esther's New Ride

We got a new (used) truck today. We needed something that all of us could ride in. I had planned on upgrading to a full size truck soon anyway because it would make my life a lot easier on the farm. My old small truck struggled some with hauling heavy loads of hay, mulch, gravel, etc. We have been looking for about a week for a new one. This one we found in Oklahoma and it met all of our criteria. I did not want to spend a ton of money so I knew that I would have to get one that was a few years old and with mileage on it. I got a really good deal on this one, the owner had just gone through a divorce and needed the money pretty bad. I got it for approximately $5000 below private party blue book value.

It is a 2005 Ford F150 XLT 4x4 Quad Cab. It has a 5.4 liter V8 Triton engine and has 97,000 miles on it. (It is 3 years newer than my old truck with 40,000 less miles) It has a custom hood and grill on it. I am not a huge fan of the hood because it has the fake hood scoops on it, but it is not so terrible that I want to pay a lot of money to get a regular hood. It also has big tires on it, but they are not the huge ones that are ridiculous so I can live with them also. It has lots of room inside. The backseat is big enough that we can fit Esther's car seat in without scooting up the seat.


4 comments:

House of Daniel said...

Very Nice!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new truck!!! =)

Rebecca said...

Quite a husky truck! Looks nice and sturdy - I hope Esther likes it!

Kritter Krit said...

Yeeeeah! Now that's a manly truck. I bet Esther gives it a thumbs-up.